The Village Hall
Appleton le Moors
Our Village Hall is a Grade II listed, former school, built in 1867. It was designed by the Victorian Gothic architect J L Pearson, whose designs include Truro Cathedral as well as the beautiful church in Appleton.
The attached School House was occupied by successive Head Teachers until the school closed in 1969. After closure, the buildings were left in trust for the benefit of the village.
A major refurbishment was carried out in 1999 with the assistance of grant funding from
the European Union Community Development Fund, Ryedale District Council and the Countryside
Agency. Facilities include a modern kitchen and toilets, disabled access, main hall and enclosed, paved, rear yard.
See the Notice Board for forthcoming events at the Village Hall
Groups Meeting Regularly